Subject: tlp0 -- doesn't work w/o eek windows
To: None <>
From: Eric d'Alibut <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/15/2007 23:43:05
I continue to bang my head against this Dell whose 'native' OS is Home
XP. I now have NetBSD-3.1 booting from the machine's second hard

1. The onboard nic is a tlp.

2. It will not work with netbsd booted.

3. It runs fine with the windows OS booted.

4. Same static ip data for both OS's.

5. If I boot from a NetBSD-3.1 release CD, sysinst cannot bring up a connection.

6. The second hard drive netbsd install now boots, but it cannot make
the nic work DESPITE the fact that ifconfig says it is up and -- I
think -- 'netstat -rn' says the routes are ok. Are they?

Routing tables

Destination        Gateway            Flags     Refs     Use    Mtu  Interface
default         UGS         0        1      -  tlp0
127/8              UGRS        0        0  33192  lo0          UH          1        0  33192  lo0
192.168.1/24       link#1             UC          1        0      -  tlp0       link#1             UHLc        1        0      -  tlp0

Here's ifconfig -a

	address: 00:08:a1:05:24:6b
	media: Ethernet autoselect (100baseTX full-duplex)
	status: active
	inet netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast
	inet6 fe80::208:a1ff:fe05:246b%tlp0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1
lo0: flags=8009<UP,LOOPBACK,MULTICAST> mtu 33192
	inet netmask 0xff000000
	inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128
	inet6 fe80::1%lo0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x2

dmesg is attached.

I'd love to get this thing working but it's driving me nuts. No
piratical associations intended...

Best as per usual,

No no no, my fish's name is Eric, Eric the fish. He's an halibut. I am
not a looney! Why should I be tarred with the epithet looney merely
because I have a pet halibut?