Subject: I18n in NetBSD (was NetBSD NFS server ...)
To: NetBSD Users <>
From: Magnus Eriksson <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/13/2007 21:45:30
I'm hijacking the situation to further my own internationalist agenda.
Sorry about that.  :-)

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007, Chuck Swiger wrote:

> If someone is motivated, please feel free to file an issue against

This brings up something else to mind too, though.  Let me pick a couple
of points from the following:

In general, we are headed for:

 	* "State of the art" tools [...]

2. Platform independent userland

ah. Internationalization
     Citrus, wide-char curses (SoC integration?), collation, localized
     printf with positional parameter support, time & currency
     support, etc.  NetBSD has a global user and developer base and
     our i18n support should reflect that.

My own snarky comments would be that 1: expecting US-ASCII is no longer
considered state of the art, anywhere, by anyone; and 2: that us in the
global user base can still hardly see our own reflection here.

(Yes, I realize that NFS is probably not a "tool" in the sense used in the
roadmap description.  Still.)

So I'd say Jukka Marin might as well file a PR (too).