Subject: Re: NetBSD on virtual machines?
To: Mark Weinem <>
From: Andy Ruhl <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/05/2007 07:14:27
On 9/4/07, Mark Weinem <> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm collecting information about virtualization solutions that support
> NetBSD as a guest system. I know about Xen2/3 but what are your
> experiences about other virtualization products, on other OSes (and on
> hardware platforms apart from i386/amd64)?

I'm running 4.0_BETA2 for i386 under VMWare on a Windows XP based
laptop with no major issues, but it's not too speedy.

I sometimes test stuff with gxemul, it runs a whole bunch of different
CPUs and hardware under emulation. But it's usually not perfect. I
mostly only use it for booting hpcmips kernels to see if they work,
and it's about 90% reliable for that.