Subject: RE: The Fall of NetBSD (was: RE: Syscall number space)
To: Hauke Fath <hf@spg.tu-darmstadt.de>
From: De Zeurkous <zeurkous@nichten.info>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/28/2007 17:46:43
Haai,

On Tue, August 28, 2007 13:56, Hauke Fath wrote:
> At 17:15 Uhr -0400 27.08.2007, matthew sporleder wrote:
>>On 8/27/07, De Zeurkous <zeurkous@nichten.info> wrote:
>>>  Haai,
>
>>[snip]
>
> [On and on...]
>
>>Also- how did this thread jump to netbsd-users?
>
> The OP is the new project troll.

That's exactly what I mean by ( social cohesion > technical issues ). My
postings have the side-effect of stirring up something long dormant, so
I'm a troll?

> He tried to stir up tech-kern, where
> people stayed calm and ignored him,

When they still had personal prospect of 'winning' the technical argument,
they were rude and lively enough -- far from ignorant. It was when they
were cornered that they shut up about things that made life for them a bit
uncomfortable.

> and decided to pull in
> netbsd-users for more effect.

Should I discuss structural issues at tech-kern (which I've stopped cc'ing
by now) or here? Given the list archives (which I've trolled (heh) long
and hard before making the decision to fork), I assumed this was the
proper location. Where do you suggest I post these issues in the future
(except for /dev/null that is, I'm not making it that easy!)?

> With success, unfortunately. Please
> ignore him.

If you want to lead pointless lives in the 'we're engineers, we don't care
what you think, just shut up, because it's a technical decision' Invory
Tower (which I presume to be located somewhere near the Vatican), that's
fine with me. Just don't go complaining about my fork, if and when it
steals popularity from NetBSD, okay?

I'd wish to say that the fork is a technical decision -- while I would not
fork without significant technical differences, I will freely admit that
I'm sick of this attitude and can't work effectively with people boasting
it. It's great -- someone sees The Light(TM) and is required to act upon
it -- and that 'someone' always has to be me...

Baai,

De Zeurkous

Friggin' Machines!