Subject: Re: Question about speedstep and the est.frequency.target sysctl
To: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
From: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/27/2007 17:21:29
On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 08:17:08 -0700
buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org (Brian Buhrow) wrote:

> 	Hello.  No, I don't have estd installed.  Are there any other
> programs in the standard distribution which would set this value, perhaps
> without my knowledge?  Right now, I'm running NetBSD-3 because the
> NetBSD-4 kernels can't drive the pcmcia slots for some reason.

Is it a dual core system? if it's true, the est driver in netbsd-3
won't work correctly, because it doesn't know what cpu it's setting
the frequency.

Starting from netbsd-4, there's a workaround for this and the same
frequency is set in all CPUs with an IPI handler.

--
Juan Romero Pardines	- The NetBSD Project
http://plog.xtrarom.org	- NetBSD/pkgsrc news in Spanish