Subject: Re: Unixism, pipes and pkgsrc
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/23/2007 23:55:45
On Jan 13,  5:05pm, Johnny Billquist wrote:
} Chavdar Ivanov skrev:
}
} > Since I read 'csh considered harmful'
} > (http://faqs.cs.uu.nl/na-dir/unix-faq/shell/csh-whynot.html), some 12
} > years ago, I haven't touched csh or any derivative of it.
}
} You know the fine thing about religion? Everyone have one. :-)
} Personally I think sh and it's derivates are jokes invented to punish
} people. :-) Give me (t)csh any day of the week, and I'll be happy.
} But I won't prevent others from using sh, and won't try to convert
} them.  And I expect the same in return.

<AOL>

     Actually, I somewhat understand what it is saying from a scripting
point of view, but as an interactive shell, "sh" sucks.

} > (BTW that remark about the pdp's is so very true - it wasn't that long
} > ago I had to help some hospital's scanner of some description sort out
} > it's RT-11 system...)
}
} Still do work on RSX systems here. And you can still buy new pdp-11s
} as well, if you really want to.

    Who is makeing pdp-11s, now that DEC has exploded?  Or, are these
things that have been sitting in some warehouse for the past 30 years?

}-- End of excerpt from Johnny Billquist