Subject: Re: How to get the speed of the modem?How to get the com port of the modem?
To: Xianwen Chen <apple45@gmail.com>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/20/2007 15:10:14
On Sun, Jun 04, 2006 at 10:48:18PM +0800, Xianwen Chen wrote:
> I run NetBSD 3.0 on my 80486 laptop.The laptop has an integrated
> modem.I don't know the speed of this modem.However,i'm sure it can't
> be 57600 bps.How to get the speed of  the modem?

Connect with tip or cu to the modem. Usually typeing something like
AT&v at it gives you at least the current settings.  ATi0, ati1, ...
should give you some sort of model number. You can use that to search
the 'web for information.

> And how to get the com port of the modem?

grep com /var/run/dmesg.boot

(or dmesg | grep com shortly after reboot)

should tell you which com ports NetBSD recognized.

Regards,
	-is