Subject: Re: Recommendations for PCI 802.11 Wireless adapter?
To: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Andr=E9_Wienck?= <awienck@solnet.ch>
From: Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/20/2007 11:41:52
On 20/08/07, Andr=E9 Wienck <awienck@solnet.ch> wrote:
> Salut,
>
> On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 09:36:26 +1000, Paul Ripke <stix@stix.id.au>
> wrote:
> > Recommendations? For something that'll just work out-of-the-box?
>
> My suggestion is to order an Atheros A/B/G based card, they appear to
> work really well. I have one from NEC. If you have a wireless
> networking shop like Meconet in Australia, which I'm sure you do, you
> can probably order it from there.
>
> Otherwise, the OpenBSD people are strong believers in RaLink, so you
> might get that. You can ask Wim Vanderputte when he's going to drop by
> for the next time so he can bring a card along for you.

I have been using Belkin FSD7010 (version 3000uk, ral) for quite some
time without any problems. I also have 3Com OfficeConnect 3CRXJK10075
(ath) and the built-in Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG(wpi), but they
both die or timeout under load; I have followed some discussions in
netbsd-current about them, but haven't been able to sort them, so it
is the RAlink for me.

> aw
> --
> Andr=E9 Wienck <awienck@solnet.ch>