Subject: auich(4) Doesn't Recognize
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/10/2007 11:34:40
Hi.  I'm running NetBSD/i386 3.1 on an IBM (Lenovo) ThinkCentre M52
(8212-KUA).  According to dmesg, the audio device is:

> Intel 82801GB/GR High Definition Audio Controller (multimedia subclass 0x03, revision 0x01) at pci0 dev 27 function 0 not configured

The problem is that the kernel file contains:

> auich*  at pci? dev ? function ?        # Intel ICH integrated AC'97 Audio
> audio*  at audiobus?

This is an Intel ICH7, is it not?  Shouldn't the above two lines be
enough to get the integrated audio device running?  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Peace...  Sridhar