Subject: Re: an(4), Aironet 350, & MIPS-based Cobalt Qube 2?
To: James Hartley <jjhartley@gmail.com>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/03/2007 02:40:43
On Dec 23,  2:25pm, "James Hartley" wrote:
}
} On a lark, I put a Aironet 350 PCI card into a Cobalt Qube 2 running
} the 1 August build of 4.0_BETA2 to see what dmesg would report.  What
} I saw was the standard "not configured" message:
}
} Aironet Wireless Communications PCI350 Wireless LAN Adapter
} (miscellaneous network, revision 0x01) at pci0 dev 10 function 0 not
} configured
}
} Perhaps this is a naive question, but is there any hope for this card
} on this platform?  If so, what can I do to troubleshoot its
} configuration?

     There is nothing to "troubleshoot" here per se, since there is
nothing broken here.  You need to add it to your kernel configuration
file.  See
http://www.netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/chap-tuning.html#tuning-kernel for
more information.  The line that needs to be added to your
configuration file is:
an*     at pci? dev ? function ?        # Aironet PC4500/PC4800 (802.11)

}-- End of excerpt from "James Hartley"