Subject: Re: 3.1.1_patch change to home dir scan?
To: NetBSD Users's Discussion List <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jukka Salmi <j+nbsd@2007.salmi.ch>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/30/2007 20:35:16
Peter Eisch --> netbsd-users (2007-07-30 12:43:02 -0500):

> On the freshly built/installed system's running of /etc/security I now get:
>
> Checking home directories.
> user uucp home directory is group writable
> user uucp home directory is other writable

This was previously not printed because of a typo in /etc/security
(see PR misc/36058). The fix was pulled up to netbsd-3.

> The dir and permissions look the same on pre-3.1.1 systems and from what I
> can recall about UUCP, the permissions look right.
>
> Is there a thread I can review or somehow correct my systems gracefully?
> The obvious solution of changing the perms on /var/spool/uucppublic is easy
> and probably a non-factor as I don't anticipate using UUCP on these systems.
> It seems like a kludge though.
>
> Ideas, thoughts?

Changing the permissions would fix this, but then you'd see another
warning because the directory mode doesn't match what is recorded in
/etc/mtree/special (1777).

If you don't use UUCP changing uucp's homedir to e.g. /nonexistent is
probably the easiest fix.

HTH, Jukka

--
bashian roulette: