Subject: Re: NetBSD 4.0
To: Przemys?aw Pawe?czyk <pp@kv.net.pl>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/02/2007 13:17:14
On Sat, Jun 30, 2007 at 07:12:52PM -0500, Przemys?aw Pawe?czyk wrote:
> > > rapidsvn: Error detected by libpthread: Mutex not locked in
> > > condition wait. Detected by file
> > > "/home/builds/ab/netbsd-3-1-RELEASE/src/lib/libpthread/pthread_cond.c",
> > > line 111, function "pthread_cond_wait".
>
> > S That's a bug in the application.
>
> One of my Polish co-workers said just contrary - it has to be NetBSD
> error as it is threads' synchronization problem.

Let me quote from the "pthread_cond_wait" manual page installed on a
Fedora Core 5 Linux system at work:

DESCRIPTION
       The  pthread_cond_timedwait()  and  pthread_cond_wait() functions shall
       block on a condition variable. They shall be called with  mutex  locked
       by the calling thread or undefined behavior results.

Can you please ask your co-worker how "it has to be NetBSD error" is in
agreement with the above manual page?

[The only difference is that it is under NetBSD the behaviour isn't
 undefined. "libpthread" reports an error.]

> Very serious matter and no one paid attention to the post.

Well, I told you that it is an application bug. I even told you how to
workaround it. If that doesn't work you have to talk to the author
of the application.

> Did I help or make a noise?

You are making noise now.

	Kind regards