Subject: Re: running daily.local first
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Thierry Lacoste <lacoste@miage.univ-paris12.fr>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/30/2007 21:42:15
On Saturday 30 June 2007 18:54, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 10:31:40 +0200
>
> Thierry Lacoste <lacoste@miage.univ-paris12.fr> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Is there a reason why /etc/daily.local is run at the end
> > of /etc/daily? IMHO I find it more convenient when it is run first.
>
> What is it you're trying to do?  If it's only setting parameters, you
> put them in /etc/daily.conf.
No I really want some home-made scripts to be run by /etc/daily
I'm receiving daily output mails form my servers and I just find
it more convenient to have the output of my local scripts at the
beginning of those mails.
This is how it works on OpenBSD. With FreeBSD you can choose
the position of local scripts by appropriately numbering them.
I'd like it to be possible on NetBSD (without hacking /etc/daily)
unless there is a reason to have /etc/daily.local run last.

Regards,
Thierry.