Subject: Re: NetBSD 4.0
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Peter Bex <Peter.Bex@xs4all.nl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/30/2007 17:54:06
--O3WNCzIuUImKerqE

On Fri, Jun 29, 2007 at 05:20:11PM -0400, Ernesto Bascon wrote:
> The question could be:
>=20
> What can the very very newbie community do to help?
>=20
> I am a C, C++, Java programmer, but I do not have the needed skills to
> work on the kernel or on that stuff, so, I am not able to help coding
> the missing things, but maybe completing some documentation missing or
> improving something very very easy could be the way.

The NetBSD system consists of so much more than just the kernel.  If you
would like to get into the project a little deeper, you can check some
PRs about the base system.  For example, in the 'lib' or 'bin' category
there are surely some interesting bits you could pick up.

What most people are lacking is time.  If you have some spare time, you
can help, no matter what your technical level of expertise is.

> Anyway, the list of "things to do" in the website are for people
> already related to the project and not for newbies like me. So, what
> can the newbie community do to help?

During the docathon it became clear that there's too little manpower
to keep all translations in synch with the original English versions.
This is one place where lots of additional help is needed.  You don't need
any technical skills for that at all.

Regards,
Peter
--=20