Subject: Re: Adding /usr/local to daily security audit
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Henry Nelson <netb@yuba.ne.jp>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/30/2007 06:16:06
On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 03:46:52PM -0700, Jeff_W wrote:
> Is there an easy way? Mainly just want to check the binaries, libraries
> and config files under /usr/local.  Doesn't need to be at the same level
> as the default /usr/pkg audit, maybe just daily checks of

Are you implying here that /usr/pkg is given a periodic security check
by default, but /usr/local is not?  Is this something new in NetBSD 4?
Can someone confirm this?

Almost every application that I know of, along with their library
dependencies, are installed under /usr/local (or /usr/X11R6) by default.
/usr/pkg doesn't even exist on my system (NetBSD 3.0).  All this time
I was thinking "daily" and "weekly" were watching /usr/local for me.
What a bummer.

--
henry nelson
  WWW_HOME=http://yuba(dot)ne(dot)jp/(tilde)home/