Subject: Promise SATA 300 confusion
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jukka Salmi <j+nbsd@2007.salmi.ch>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/22/2007 18:23:40
Hi,

is anybody running a Promise SATA 300 controller, either the TX4 (PCI
ID 0x3d17) or the TX2plus (0x3d73)? What's the chipset of those cards?
I found contradictory information while comparing Promise's Linux
driver, NetBSD, FreeBSD and PCIDatabase.com:

             Linux     NetBSD    FreeBSD   PCI DB
    TX4      PDC20718  PDC40718  PDC40718  PDC40718
    TX2plus  PDC40775  PDC20775  PDC40775  PDC20775

Assuming that the PCI IDs are correct, I suppose this is just a typo
in the FreeBSD code and a double typo in the vendor's code, and that
both NetBSD and the PCI DB are right, and that both controllers work
with NetBSD. Can anybody confirm this (especially the last point ;-))?

TIA, Jukka

--
bashian roulette:
$ ((RANDOM%6)) || rm -rf ~