Subject: Re: ooRexx package petty problem
To: =?ISO-8859-2?B?UHJ6ZW15c7NhdyBQYXdls2N6eWs=?= <pp@kv.net.pl>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/14/2007 08:18:16

--0-598051695-1181827096=:27594

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007, Przemys=B3aw Pawe=B3czyk wrote:

> "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net> wrote:
>=20
> > > BTW. Why bmake isn't in repo in binary form for i386?
> >=20
> > I don't know. If you are using NetBSD, you should be able to use
> > "make" instead of bmake.
> Hi,
>=20
> Then why I was told to use bmake on the page:
> http://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/creating.html

Someone broke the documentation.

Have a look at
http://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/platforms.html
which says bootstrap is not for NetBSD and says to use "bmake" for=20
examples in the guide saying "make". (But now those examples already say=20
"bmake".

The fix is easy. Make NetBSD by default have a symlink (or hardlink) for=20
"bmake" to "make". I will propose that now.

>  You should not have to use bmake or bootstrap on NetBSD. If you
> > do, please complain by telling us what NetBSD version you are using
> > and show us the errors.

> Didn't I do that?! In original post (first on the topic)?

I wasn't asking about ooRexx build/packaging errors, but about errors with=
=20
"make" or why you needed the bootstrap. But you explained it above=20
already so forget that.

  Jeremy C. Reed
--0-598051695-1181827096=:27594--