Subject: Re: ooRexx package petty problem
To: =?UTF-8?B?UHJ6ZW15c8WCYXcgUGF3ZcWCY3p5aw==?= <pp@kv.net.pl>
From: Adrian Portelli <adrianp@stindustries.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/13/2007 13:25:18
Przemysław Pawełczyk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to make my first package. All went flawlessly without one
> glitch.
>
> "bmake install" didn't make one directory /usr/pkg/share/ooRexx. Why? I
> had to do it manually end the install went as it should.

Not all software packages available ensure that a directory is created
before they attempt to copy files to it.  Most recent Makefile's I've
seen will explicitly create any required directories before copying
files into them.  The software you are dealing with does not appear to
be doing this.

In your case you have a number of options.  You can either create a
pre-install target to make the directory in your Makefile or I believe
INSTALLATION_DIRS can be used in this case as well.

See: http://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/fixes.html#fixes.install

adrian.