Subject: Re: postinstall fix sendmail problem on netbsd 3
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/07/2007 10:14:30
On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 01:15:03PM +0100, Matthias Scheler wrote:

> 1.) Add the missing "smmsp" group. "postinstall" should have complained
>     about that.

We've had a few instances of this recently: developers have added
users/groups to the system but not implemented the corresponding
postinstall checks/fixes.  Upgrading a system to 4.0 thus results in a
rather odd state of the password and group files.  I think I have a PR
open about it, but I've lost track of the number.  I probably should have
just fixed it -- I was hoping the developer who added whichever user it
was I noticed missing the postinstall check would do it though.  I'm
going to be a little busy today but I'll try to remember to fix some
of these later if I get a spare minute.

Something we could do better in the future.

Thor