Subject: Re: "device not configured"... what about PCI?
To: Zbigniew Baniewski <zb@ispid.com.pl>
From: Bill Stouder-Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/02/2007 21:16:02
--pf9I7BMVVzbSWLtt

On Sat, Jun 02, 2007 at 12:04:59PM +0200, Zbigniew Baniewski wrote:
> There are sections in kernel FAQ describing the procedure of submitting a
> PR with changes, when there are any "device not configured" bootup messag=
es.
> ( http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/kernel/index.html#new_pnp_device )
>=20
> But there are ISA-PnP and PCIMCIA cases described. What about PCI? I've g=
ot
> some such messages:
>=20
>=20
> Intel 82371AB (PIIX4) Power Management Controller (miscellaneous bridge, =
revision 0x02) at pci0 dev 4 function 3 not configured
> Brooktree Bt878 Video Capture (Audio Section) (miscellaneous multimedia, =
revision 0x02) at pci0 dev 11 function 1 not configured

Look in sys/dev/pci/pcidevs.

You'll find that the Brooktree Bt878 "Audio Section" already has product=20
info. We just don't have a driver for it.

Likewise there's already an entry for the Intel PMC:

product INTEL 82371AB_PMC	0x7113	82371AB (PIIX4) Power Management Controller

With PCI, it's much easier to know who (supposedly) makes a card, so we=20
know about a number of cards we don't drive.

Take care,

Bill

--pf9I7BMVVzbSWLtt

--pf9I7BMVVzbSWLtt--