Subject: Re: NetBSD Live... Pendrive!
To: uhel <uhel@gmx.net>
From: Wouter Schoot <wouter@schoot.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/02/2007 17:41:21
On 2007.06.02 17:06:48 +0100, uhel wrote:
> I've no experience with this but i HTH
> NetBSD LiveKey:
> http://imil.net/nlk/

Tried that too, seems like a nice solution! However, I didn't get grub to
function the way it should. It keeps complaining about stage1 thingies. At
least the commands described on that site don't translate into directly
working commands unfortunately. I'm running NetBSD 4 (BETA2) and I'd love to
have that on a stick as well. The site described uses NetBSD 3.

This should be semi-easy to fix, but isn't it much more simple to just
install onto the stick and be able to somehow force the detection of USB
storage before mounting it? That would solve it, and make it a whole lot
easier. After all, I don't really need (but it's nice!) to be able to use
VFAT.

Wouter

--
Er was eens een boer. Hij had 3 koeien, 2 witte en 1 witte.
Maar dat gaf niet, want de koe gaf ook niet.  De boer vond een