Subject: Re: raidframe problems (revisited)
To: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/01/2007 19:58:06
On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 11:02:07AM -0600, Greg Oster wrote:
> Could you send me your dmesg, kernel config file, RAID config file,
> and disklabels?  (privately, if you wish)

All sent seperately.

> You say the machine freezes -- it does that when you attempt to do a
> 'raidctl -F' or 'raidctl -R', yes?

I use "raidctl -a /dev/wd2a raid0" followed by "raidctl -F component0 raid0".
The machine starts rebuilding the RAID and freezes after a while.

> Can you get into ddb at that point?

I don't have physical access to the machine. But IIRC I asked the local
admin to try that and it didn't work.

> Can you ping the box at that point?

No, I can't. There are no messages on the console and it doesn't accept
any input anymore.

	Kind regards