Subject: NetBSD Live... Pendrive!
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org, netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Wouter Schoot <wouter@schoot.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/01/2007 18:36:26
Hi!

I was wondering, using the same methods as creating a livecd, can they
also be used for making a live usb stick with NetBSD?

I now run into the problem that when I install onto the USB disc and
boot it, it all goes fine but it bails on the root disc mount. Since it
hasn't loaded the drivers yet, it can't boot from it. When I for example
enter "vr0" (the NICs name), it tries bootp on vr0, loads the SD driver,
fails on the bootp (I haven't set that up :)) and then I can succesfully
enter sd0a as root. Any idea's?

mvg,

Wouter

--
Er was eens een boer. Hij had 3 koeien, 2 witte en 1 witte.
Maar dat gaf niet, want de koe gaf ook niet.  De boer vond een