Subject: Re: nsswitch and libnss_winbind
To: Sarton O'Brien <bsd-xen@roguewrt.org>
From: Robby Griffin <rmg@yakshavers.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/29/2007 09:29:42
On May 29, 2007, at 02:41, Sarton O'Brien wrote:

> I am at the point where everything is configured (wbinfo et al.
> report all OK)
> but no matter where libnss_winbind is or linked, inserting winbind
> into
> nsswitch.conf yield nothing.
>
> I am using getent group for testing.
>
> This is pkgsrc update midnight last night.

 From experience with nss_ldap, I'd point out that the library will
need to be found at /usr/lib/nss_foo.so.0, where foo is what you put
in nsswitch.conf -- you can probably ktruss your test program and
watch it try to dlopen this location. The library version number == 0
was not optional when I did this in NetBSD 3.1.

Make sure your test program is something dynamically linked. I
happened to make the mistake of deciding on "echo ~user" in tcsh, but
then running a static tcsh on the box I was setting up. In that case
dynamic loading of arbitrary nss modules just doesn't happen.

	--Robby