Subject: Re: question about NetBSD syslog
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/23/2007 12:47:09
On Wed, 23 May 2007, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:

> Hi, all.
>
> I want syslog has the following logic.
>
> func (facility, level){
>    if (facility = <F>) {
>       log_to (<FILE>)
>       return <----------------  see here
>    }
> }
>
> That is, I want to process log line and if it is matched, log it to
> the file and DO NOT PROCESS THIS LINE AGAIN by the following
> syslog.conf rules. As far as I understand it is not possible
> with NetBSD syslog. Right?

I don't see any feature like that.

Maybe you can add a syslogd.c switch and add a check for your feature in
the
       for (f = Files; f; f = f->f_next) {
loop in the logmsg() routine to break so it only processes it one time?

Or maybe we can help you with your syslog.conf configuration? Is something
not working how you want it? (If so share an example.)

  Jeremy C. Reed