Subject: cdrecord error
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Raymond Meyer <raymond.meyer@rambler.ru>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/22/2007 20:47:53
I'm not sure if this is a bug or expected behaviour...

I was installing Solaris over network, so on my NetBSD-current I mounted
Solaris DVD on /cdrom then put this directory in /etc/exports and restarted
mountd.

After the install, I ran 'umount /cdrom', ejected DVD and inserted a CD-RW.=
 But
now running the following command fails:

ultra10# cdrecord -v dev=3D/dev/cd0c blank=3Dfast
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01.01a04 (sparc64-unknown-netbsd4.99.16) Copyright (C) 199=
5-2006 J=F6rg Schilling
NOTE: this is OSS DVD extensions for cdrtools and thus may have bugs
   related to DVD issues that are not present in the original cdrtools. For
   more information see http://crashrecovery.org/oss-dvd.html. The original
   cdrtools author should not be bothered with problems in this version.
TOC Type: 1 =3D CD-ROM
scsidev: '/dev/cd0c'
devname: '/dev/cd0c'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
cdrecord: Input/output error. Cannot open '/dev/cd0c'. Cannot open SCSI dri=
ver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'.
cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try 'cdrecord dev=3Dhelp'.

However the following command succeeds when I substitue device name with nu=
mber:

ultra10# cdrecord -v dev=3D15,0,0 blank=3Dfast

Anyone knows what's going on here? This is sparc64 so /dev/cd0c is the enti=
re
disk.