Subject: cdrecord error
To: None <>
From: Raymond Meyer <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/22/2007 20:47:53
I'm not sure if this is a bug or expected behaviour...

I was installing Solaris over network, so on my NetBSD-current I mounted
Solaris DVD on /cdrom then put this directory in /etc/exports and restarted

After the install, I ran 'umount /cdrom', ejected DVD and inserted a CD-RW.=
now running the following command fails:

ultra10# cdrecord -v dev=3D/dev/cd0c blank=3Dfast
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01.01a04 (sparc64-unknown-netbsd4.99.16) Copyright (C) 199=
5-2006 J=F6rg Schilling
NOTE: this is OSS DVD extensions for cdrtools and thus may have bugs
   related to DVD issues that are not present in the original cdrtools. For
   more information see The original
   cdrtools author should not be bothered with problems in this version.
TOC Type: 1 =3D CD-ROM
scsidev: '/dev/cd0c'
devname: '/dev/cd0c'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
cdrecord: Input/output error. Cannot open '/dev/cd0c'. Cannot open SCSI dri=
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'.
cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try 'cdrecord dev=3Dhelp'.

However the following command succeeds when I substitue device name with nu=

ultra10# cdrecord -v dev=3D15,0,0 blank=3Dfast

Anyone knows what's going on here? This is sparc64 so /dev/cd0c is the enti=