Subject: Re: USB <-> SCSI adaptors -- suggestions?
To: <>
From: None <telmnstr@757.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/16/2007 13:47:17
> Something to try - what SCSI ID is the tape? I've used a couple of
> USB-to-SCSI adapters (packed away right now, sorry) that would only
> interact with one device, at SCSI ID 0.
> 	- Nathan

Ah hey Nathan, been a while. I actually don't know, it's a huge IBM
monster and I have still yet to get hold of the manual. There is an ID
function thru the LCD that appears to only support ID 0, but I don't trust
that the ID is really the SCSI ID. I need to get hold of the manual (it's
IBM branded and interfaced, so everything is code numbers).

What I did was attached a Syquest drive on ID 5 or 6. I'll try renumbering
it to 0. NetBSD *did* have an odd message about 2 devices on that SCSI
bus, so perhaps the bridge "reserves" the ID of whatever should be
connected in it's translation. Then perhaps the error is a result of the
device not being on the correct ID.

I'll give that a shot when I get home tonite and report back my findings.

 					- Ethan