Subject: Re: IPFilter-related question
To: Zbigniew Baniewski <zb@ispid.com.pl>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/16/2007 12:58:33
On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 10:54:17PM +0200, Zbigniew Baniewski wrote:
> Hmmm... I made it with quite old hardware (Pentium). I'm not sure: will
> there be any noticeable difference in workload (for such weak processor,
> as for today...) if I'll replace 2.0 with 3.1?

The kernel has grown (as usual) between NetBSD 2.x and 3.1 which will
reduce the available memory a bit. But it should work fine on a
Pentium machine nevertheless. The same should be true for NetBSD 4.0_BETA2.

I never noticed any (performance) problems after upgrading an old AMD K6-III
machine from NetBSD 2.1_STABLE to 3.0_STABLE. And TCP is definitely
faster in NetBSD 3.x because of the support for TCK-SAK.

	Kind regards