Subject: Re: IPFilter-related question
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Zbigniew Baniewski <zb@ispid.com.pl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/15/2007 22:54:17
On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 03:08:33PM -0400, matthew sporleder wrote:

> NetBSD 2 is a little old.  Maybe you should try 3 if this is a new install?

Hmmm... I made it with quite old hardware (Pentium). I'm not sure: will
there be any noticeable difference in workload (for such weak processor,
as for today...) if I'll replace 2.0 with 3.1?

> Are you sure your rules changed?  On my home router/nat I see this
> type of behavior when my ip changes and my routes don't reflect it, or
> my rules didn't account for it.

I'm not sure, what happened. I left the machine at night, and at the morning
it was possible to connect to the server-router from outside (from Internet),
from inside (LAN) too - but there was no Internet access on the local machines.

Just the connection to the server, on both interfaces (tun0 and rtk0).
--
				pozdrawiam / regards

						Zbigniew Baniewski