Subject: IPFilter-related question
To: None <>
From: Zbigniew Baniewski <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/15/2007 14:52:00
I'm learning to construct IPFilter-based firewalls, and I've met with
somewhat strange thing:

following the example
I made very similar, simple firewall, just by changing that example
according to my needs. It was working yesterday, but today in the morning
I was unable to reach Internet from local network. Something happened(?)
during the night, although no-one - but me - has access to the machine. When
I restarted the firewall - all went back to normal. But I don't know, for how

What can be cause of such "automatic blockade"? It seems, that somewhat the
routing (or blocking) rules have been changed? But why?

It is:

ipf: IP Filter: v4.1.3 (396)
Kernel: IP Filter: v4.1.3

...on NetBSD 2.0 with kernel 2.0.2.