Subject: Re: the insanity of multiple fontconfig configurations (was: Disabling anti-aliasing (specifically in GTK))
To: NetBSD Users's Discussion List <>
From: Greg A. Woods <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/14/2007 12:57:06

At Sat, 12 May 2007 15:38:21 -0400, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
Subject: Re: Disabling anti-aliasing (specifically in GTK)
> On Sat, 12 May 2007 08:15:42 -0700
> Alex <> wrote:
> > For some reason, /etc/fonts/local.conf is not being read properly.
> > However, if I copy it to ~/.fonts.conf then it works just fine. I
> > don't know why local.conf isn't read since
> > in /etc/fonts/fonts.conf it says "Place any local customizations
> > in local.conf which this file references", then later includes the
> > file.
> I suspect there should be a patch in pkgsrc to change that comment.

I find it rather appalling that there are two separate fontconfig things
installed once pkgsrc has had its go at a modern NetBSD system that
already has built-in fontconfig stuff of its own.

If the built-in fontconfig stuff in NetBSD is too old for many modern
packages then isn't it high time it was upgraded!?!?!?

						Greg A. Woods

H:+1 416 218-0098 W:+1 416 489-5852 x122 VE3TCP RoboHack <>
Planix, Inc. <>       Secrets of the Weird <>

MessageID: 8lseKUtsV71eF/wummKCxPuORlonA6Ew