Subject: Re: How to make hdd bootable?
To: Zbigniew Baniewski <zb@ispid.com.pl>
From: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/11/2007 18:19:10
On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 05:42:15PM +0200, Zbigniew Baniewski wrote:
> On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 03:46:20PM +0200, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
>
> > Unless those are very funky, man installboot(8) should be able get you going.
>
> Yes, using installboot I'm one more step ahead: now it does boot, but the
> kernel's dying, looking for root and swap in improper places: it does want
> root in wd0e, instead of wd0c (where it presently is), and wd0b as swap,
> instead of wd0d.
>
> How could I pass the proper parameters at boot-time? How can I change that
> values, making it permanent?

You can interrupt the bootloader counter and type "boot -a" (see man boot(8)
for details) so the kernel will prompt you foor the root and swap locations.

Then you should either hardcode those in your kernel configuration file and
rebuild your kernel, or (preferred). fix your disklabel and partition layout.

	Geert