Subject: Re: Setting a default ulimit for the whole system?
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: George Georgalis <george@galis.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/11/2007 09:54:14
On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 11:30:45AM +1000, Carl Brewer wrote:

>This is what I did to make my zope process work when Data.fs got too
>big for the rather antiquanted limits builtin to NetBSD by default :

antiquated, really? I believe it. I get errors from hitting the
ulimit or semaphore ceiling all the time (on systems with lots of
extra cpu and memory). Typically its users with their programming
errors but often it's apache and its modules.

I don't actually mind the low limits but I've never been able to
find good doc on what semaphore or ulimit parameters I should
adjust, how to measure how close I am to those limits or why
they are set where they are. What are the ramifications of over
adjusting?

// George

--
George Georgalis, information systems scientist <IXOYE><