Subject: swap and dump with cgd
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Eric d'Alibut <eric.halibut@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/06/2007 14:57:17
I have been working at installing cgd, using that section of the
NetBSD Guide as a guide: http://www.netbsd.org/guide/en/chap-cgd.html

Problem: Having moved swap to the cgd partition, the system still
wants to dump to the old, now non-existent swap on the unencrypted
filesystem. (In that event it seems to me the encrypted file system
would be hosed.)

Question: What's the best way to run swapctl automagically at each
boot to set the dump device to the swap partition on the cgd
filesystem? It (swapctl) seems to accept the command

# swapctl -D /dev/cgd0b

from the command prompt.

Best,

--
No no no, my fish's name is Eric, Eric the fish. He's an halibut. I am
not a looney! Why should I be tarred with the epithet looney merely