Subject: Re: "User mode NetBSD"
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@cs.hut.fi>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/06/2007 12:43:52
On Sat May 05 2007 at 22:34:52 +0100, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> > id est, is it possible to create a NetBSD port to run on top
> > of NetBSD?
>
> Yes, of course. You can already do that with emulators like GXemul
> ("pkgsrc/emulators/gxemul") or QEMU ("pkgsrc/emulators/qemu").

But, it is not possible to single-step through kernel code in gdb when
running the OS in qemu (or at least it doesn't work for me).  I bet that
would work in a userspace OS image.  Can't say which approach would be
easier for fixing the problem, though.

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>                     Of course he runs NetBSD
http://www.iki.fi/pooka/                          http://www.NetBSD.org/