Subject: Re: "User mode NetBSD"
To: Ernesto Bascon <ebasconp@gmail.com>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/05/2007 18:31:53
On Sat, May 05, 2007 at 06:11:52PM -0400, Ernesto Bascon wrote:

> DragonFly is implemented on i386 only; keeping the work focused on one
> platform keeps the virtualization layer simpler, I guess.

Please, stop top-posting.  It makes it almost impossible to follow the
discussion when responding to your text.

I'm a little confused about what you think running the kernel in user
mode as a client of another kernel will achieve.  You don't think that it
will somehow make executables compiled for one processor run on another,
do you?  That would involve binary translation of the entire compiled
executables -- no user-mode operating system I am aware of does anything
like that.

Thor