Subject: "User mode NetBSD"
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ernesto Bascon <ebasconp@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/05/2007 16:00:24
HI everybody:

I have no the needed skills to work on these areas, but:

1. Is it feasible to implement something like "User mode Linux" on
NetBSD; id est, is it possible to create a NetBSD port to run on top
of NetBSD? What would be the difficult things to do a port like that?

2. If that is possible, would be feasible to implement the NetBSD on
top of NetBSD port 100% portable? I mean, if NetBSD has been ported to
run on top of NetBSD syscalls instead of direct hardware access, would
be possible implement this port ONCE and compile the same source with
no modification on every supported platform?

If both things are possible, a lot of possibilities can be done on it!

Kind regards,

Ernesto