Subject: Re: Single user mode: ed(1) or bust
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Eric d'Alibut <eric.halibut@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/05/2007 15:21:23
On 5/5/07, Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com> wrote:

> I use ed.  It was good enough in 1977, and it's still good enough for
> the kinds of things you have to do.

Thanks to all the esteemed company who rallied to my side, or,
rather...erm, to ed's side! <g>

I have brought to bear my incredibly brilliant mental powers on the
problem, and realized that, during the installation of cgd I know long
before I wind up in vi-less territory *exactly* what my new fstab,
cgd.conf and rc.conf files are going to look like, so I can prepare
them ahead of time and when ready, just copy them into place.

But ed's the answer, huh? Jeepers crow...<grumble><grumble>...oh ok.

<g>

Thanks all!
--
No no no, my fish's name is Eric, Eric the fish. He's an halibut. I am
not a looney! Why should I be tarred with the epithet looney merely