Subject: Single user mode: ed(1) or bust
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Eric d'Alibut <eric.halibut@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/04/2007 18:37:49
I painted myself into a single user mode corner this week following
along the (excellent) description of cgd installation found in the
NetBSD Guide. The corner, of course, was founded on my ignorance of
ed(1), and the absence of any available /usr partition with which to
launch vi.

What do knowledgeable NetBSD users, as opposed to moi, do in these situations?

Are there rescue floppies available for bailout in these circumstances?

(My personal hackaround was to boot using floppies and use ftp to move
fstab back and forth between a machine I could edit on.)

Best regards,

--
No no no, my fish's name is Eric, Eric the fish. He's an halibut. I am
not a looney! Why should I be tarred with the epithet looney merely