Subject: Re: /dev/ttyXX for first serial port on NetBSD?
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Gilles Gravier <Gilles@Gravier.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/28/2007 07:35:32
--------------030308040607010204060403

Attached is my (current - working) config file...

Gilles.

Henry Nelson wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 10:49:41PM +0200, Gilles Gravier wrote:
>
>> Yeah.... Well... it works now. :) I guess it didn't like some things.
>>

> Great.  Could you post your final (working) config file?  Thanks.
>
> henry nelson
>   WWW_HOME=http://yuba(dot)ne(dot)jp/(tilde)home/

--------------030308040607010204060403

## apcupsd.conf v1.1 ##
#
#  for apcupsd release 3.8.0
#
# "apcupsd" POSIX config file
#
#  If you have used a prior version of apcupsd, the CONTROL script file
#  (/sbin/powersc) has now been replaced by /etc/apcupsd/apccontrol.
#  Consequently, the CONTROL configuration statement is obsolete.
#  The following configuration statements have been replaced by scripts
#  called from /etc/apcupsd/apccontrol, and thus are obsolete:
#  BATTCMD, LIMITCMN, LOADCMD, PWRCMD, REBOOTCMD, REMOTECMD, RETCMD,
#  and TIMECMD.
#
#
#
# ========= General configuration parameters ============
#
# UPSCABLE [ simple | smart |
#            940-00(20B,23A,24B,24C,24G,95A,95B,95C) |
#            940-15(24C) |
#            ether ]
# defines the type of cable that you have.
UPSCABLE usb
#
# UPSTYPE [ backups | sharebasic | netups |
#           backupspro | smartvsups |
#           newbackupspro | backupspropnp |
#           smartups | matrixups | sharesmart ]
# defines the type of UPS you have.
UPSTYPE usb
#
#
#DEVICE <string> /dev/<serial port>
# name of your serial port
#DEVICE /dev/tty00
#
#LOCKFILE <path to lockfile>
# path for serial port lock file
LOCKFILE /var/spool/lock
#
#
#
# ======== configuration parameters used during power failures ==========
#
# BATTERYLEVEL <percent of battery charge for shutdown> 10
BATTERYLEVEL 5
#
# MINUTES <time in minutes of remaining battery runtime before shutdown> 5
MINUTES 3
#
# TIMEOUT <time is seconds to run on UPS after a power failure>
#  Note, if you have a Smart UPS, you will most likely want to disable
#    this timer by setting it to zero. That way, you UPS will continue
#    on batteries until either the % charge remaing drops below BATTERYLEVEL,
#    or the remaining battery runtime drops below MINUTES.  Of course,
#    if you are testing, setting this to 60 causes a quick system shutdown
#    if you pull the power plug.
#  If you have an older dumb UPS, you will want to set this to less than
#    the time you know you can run on batteries.
TIMEOUT 0

#
# ANNOY <int> <30> <0> disables
#  Time in seconds between annoying users to signoff prior to
#  system shutdown.
ANNOY 300
#
# ANNOYDELAY <int> <60> <0> disables delay before annoying user
ANNOYDELAY 60
#
# NOLOGON <string> [ disable | timeout | percent | minutes | always ]
NOLOGON disable
#
#
#
# ==== Configuration statements the network information server =========
#
# NETSERVER [ on | off ] on enables, off disables the network
#  information server. If netstatus is on, a network information
#  server process will be started for serving the STATUS and
#  EVENT data over the network (used by CGI programs).
NETSERVER on
#
# SERVERPORT <port> default is 7000
#  port to use for sending STATUS and EVENTS data over the network.
#  It is not used unless NETSERVER is on. If you change this port,
#  you will need to change the corresponding value in the cgi directory
#  and rebuild the cgi programs.
SERVERPORT 7000
#
# If you want the last few EVENTS to be available over the network
# by the network information server, you must define an EVENTSFILE.
EVENTSFILE /var/log/apcupsd.events
#
#
#
#
# ===== Configuration statements to control apcupsd system logging ========
#
# STATTIME <int> <120> <0> disables <update rate in seconds for status file >
STATTIME 0
#
# STATFILE
STATFILE /var/run/apcupsd.status
#
#
# LOGSTATS [ on | off ] on enables, off disables
# Note! This generates a lot of output, so if
#       you turn this on, be sure that the
#       file defined in syslog.conf for LOG_NOTICE is a named pipe.
LOGSTATS off
#
#
# DATATIME <int> <120> <0> disables <update rate in seconds for data logging >
DATATIME 0
#
# FACILITY defines the logging facility (class) for logging to syslog.
#          If not specified, it defaults to "daemon". This is useful
#          if you want to separate the data logged by apcupsd from other
#          programs.
#FACILITY local0
#
#
#
#
#
# ========== Configuration statements used if sharing =============
#            a UPS and controlling it via the network
#
#      The configuration statements below are used if you
#      want to share one UPS for multiple machines and have them
#      communicate by the network.
#
# UPSCLASS [ standalone | shareslave | sharemaster | netslave | netmaster ]
# normally standalone unless you share a UPS with multiple machines.
UPSCLASS standalone
#
# Unless you want to share the UPS (power multiple machines).
#  this should be disable
# UPSMODE [ disable | share | net | sharenet ]
UPSMODE disable
#
#NETACCESS <string> [ true | false ] Enable Network Access Support
NETACCESS false
#
# NETTIME <int>
NETTIME 10
#
# NETPORT <int>
NETPORT 6666
#
# MASTER <string>
#MASTER
#
## SLAVE <string>
#SLAVE my.network.slave.com
#
# Note, USERMAGIC is only used by a slave, not here
# USERMAGIC <string>
#USERMAGIC
#

--------------030308040607010204060403--