Subject: Re: Installing a UPS for a NetBSD server... software and procedures?
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Gilles Gravier <Gilles@Gravier.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/27/2007 20:51:46
Steve,

I've put the

  ugen*   at uhub? port ? vendor "0x051d" flags 1

at the end of my config file... rebuild a kernel... booted on it... and
it still gets recognized as hid :

bash-3.2# usbdevs -d
addr 1: UHCI root hub, VIA Technologies
  uhub0
addr 1: UHCI root hub, VIA Technologies
  uhub1
 addr 2: Back-UPS CS 650 FW:817.v4.I USB FW:v4, American Power Conversion
   uhidev0
addr 1: UHCI root hub, VIA Technologies
  uhub2
addr 1: UHCI root hub, VIA Technologies
  uhub3
addr 1: EHCI root hub, VIA Technologie
  uhub4

I'm now trying to rebuild putting this line BEFORE the hid lines...
hoping that detection is serial. Wait for my next mail in 10 minutes.

Gilles.

--
/*Gilles Gravier*/ *=* *Gilles@Gravier.org* <mailto:Gilles@Gravier.org>
*=* *http://www.gravier.org/*