Subject: Re: /dev/ttyXX for first serial port on NetBSD?
To: Thomas Bieg <tomsbsd04@tiscali.de>
From: Gilles Gravier <Gilles@Gravier.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/27/2007 19:16:17
So... apsupsd is configured with :

# defines the type of cable that you have.
UPSCABLE 940-0128A
#
# UPSTYPE [ backups | sharebasic | netups |
#           backupspro | smartvsups |
#           newbackupspro | backupspropnp |
#           smartups | matrixups | sharesmart ]
# defines the type of UPS you have.
UPSTYPE dumb
# name of your serial port
DEVICE /dev/tty00

And when I launch it, I get the following :

bash-3.2# apcupsd -d 10 -b
0.000 apcupsd: apcupsd.c:211 Options parsed.
0.000 apcupsd: apcupsd.c:234 Config file
/usr/pkg/etc/apcupsd/apcupsd.conf processed.
0.000 apcupsd: apcupsd.c:253 Attached to driver: dumb
0.002 apcupsd: apcupsd.c:355 Netmaster thread started.
0.003 apcupsd: apcnet.c:922 Master/slave network code disabled. Use
--enable-master-slave to enable.

So... seems that something is wrong. It is compiled with the default
options... and has :

# UPSCLASS [ standalone | shareslave | sharemaster | netslave | netmaster ]
# normally standalone unless you share a UPS with multiple machines.
UPSCLASS
standalone

#

# Unless you want to share the UPS (power multiple machines).
#  this should be
disable

# UPSMODE [ disable | share | net | sharenet ]
UPSMODE disable
#

#NETACCESS <string> [ true | false ] Enable Network Access Support
NETACCESS false

So surprising...

Ideas?

Gilles.