Subject: Re: rc.d and rcorder
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.apr.sieben@kh-22.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/25/2007 21:40:00
Malcolm Herbert wrote:

> Having recently been exposed to the Sun Solaris smf subsystem, are there
> any thoughts on extending NetBSD's rc system to provide monitoring of
> the started services? ie, who/what is responsible for monitoring the
> health of a particular service provided by the rc.d script?

I am in the process of building a package for monit[1].

  $ more DESCR
  Monit is a utility for managing and monitoring, processes, files,
  directories and devices on a UNIX system. Monit conducts automatic
  maintenance and repair and can execute meaningful causal actions in
  error situations.

ciao
     Klaus

[1] http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/