Subject: Re: Great things about NetBSD
To: Thierry Lacoste <>
From: Greg A. Woods <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/23/2007 13:54:12

At Mon, 23 Apr 2007 13:01:23 +0200, Thierry Lacoste wrote:
> On Saturday 21 April 2007 20:19, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> > - the source code is also the cleanest I've ever seen, especially for a
> > =81=A0 system of this size, both in the kernel and in user-land.
> This is often said about all BSD projects.
> Just out of curiosity is it also the cleanest among these?

That's what I meant.  NetBSD has the cleanest codebase overall of all OS
projects that I've ever seen, and that includes all the *BSDs so far, as
well as some GNU/Linux code, and even some proprietary code and quite a
bit of formerly proprietary code.  Even OpenBSD has, IMNSHO, fallen way
behind NetBSD in code clarity and consistency.

Mind you I've only used (as a developer) NetBSD for over a decade now.  :-)

						Greg A. Woods

H:+1 416 218-0098 W:+1 416 489-5852 x122 VE3TCP RoboHack <>
Planix, Inc. <>       Secrets of the Weird <>

MessageID: k5LZbExIe4LJz+kLZwLM/4Q0xbkkRFuZ