Subject: Re: apache 1.3 crashing when I enable PERL?
To: Francisco Valladolid Hdez. <ficovh@yahoo.com>
From: Gilles Gravier <Gilles@Gravier.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/23/2007 14:02:48
Got it! Thanks!

Now that all is setup, I find that the software I'm trying to use and
that is designed for AMPP is acutally all built to be hosted on
Windows... so looks like I'm going to have to do a lot of re-writing to
get it to run.

But at least, now, I can open .pl files from my web server!

Thanks,
Gilles.

Francisco Valladolid Hdez. wrote:
> --- Gilles Gravier <Gilles@Gravier.org> wrote:
>

>> Thanks!
>>
>> Just the
>>
>> PKG_OPTIONS.perl = -threads
>>
>> in /etc/mk.conf and make update in the pkgsrc perl
>> directory generated a
>> multi-hour rebuild of about evrything in my machine!
>>
>> But it solved the problem!
>>
>> So now Apache starts with PERL enabled...
>>

> Great!
>

>> But when I try to open a .pl URL, I get :
>>
>> "You don't have permission to access /index.pl on
>> this server"...
>> Strange... I can get php pages to work fine.
>>
>> Any ideas of what I'm doin gwrong?
>>

> ummmm!, .. where is putting your perl scripts ?
>
> Maybe you must put it in a separate directory such as
> /perl/ or /cgi-perl/ using Location directive and
> chmod 755 for files eg:
>
>   PerlModule Apache::Registry
>   Alias /perl/ /usr/pkg/httpd/perl/
>   <Location /perl>
>     SetHandler perl-script
>     PerlHandler Apache::Registry
>     PerlSendHeader On
>     Options +ExecCGI
>   </Location>
>
> if you want use a perl script as you web page default,
> then you maybe want add some Rewrite  Rules for do it.
>
> Regards.
>

>> Gilles
>>
>> Peter Eisch wrote:
>>
>>> I'm still using the config for current builds that
>>>
>> I found works through
>>
>>> trial and error a year or two ago.  I'm including
>>>
>> the pertinent excerpts
>>
>>> from my /etc/mk.conf in hopes that it's useful:
>>>
>>> APACHE_MPM = prefork
>>> PKG_OPTIONS.perl = -threads
>>> PKG_OPTIONS.apache = suexec
>>> PKG_OPTIONS.ap-php = ssl