Subject: Re: Installing a UPS for a NetBSD server... software and procedures?
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Thomas Bieg <tomsbsd04@tiscali.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/21/2007 11:22:24
Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
>> (Alternatively you can disable uhid completely if you don't need it.)
>>

> It would be nice to get that fixed properly.  I can't do without uhid,
> since two of my UPS-protected machines have USB mice.

Please beware that my knowledge may be outdated here, but if you look
at kern/28613, you get the impression that using "flags 1" with ugen
in your kernel config _is_ considered the proper fix.

But as far as I know there is no built-in list for devices that would
need it, so still every user that stumbles over such a device has to
find out for himself and fix it by rebuilding a customized kernel.

The other thing is that that relevant change doesn't seem to have made
it into netbsd-3.

Description of the change:
http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/usb/ugen.c?rev=1.76&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

Regards,