Subject: Re: NetBSD WWW Wrapper
To: Przemysław" "Pawełczyk <pp@kv.net.pl>
From: Radu-Cristian FOTESCU <beranger5ca@yahoo.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/20/2007 07:27:29
--- Przemysław Pawełczyk <pp@kv.net.pl> wrote:

> Links: http://pp.kv.net.pl/links.html
> NWW: http://pp.kv.net.pl/lnbsd/index.html

Folks,

Excuse me for rushing in abruptly, but since P.P. is proposing a better web
interface, I would politely ask: are color variations and minor layout
adjustments allowed, so that the NetBSD site be more like for the 21st
century?

Here's a quick hack for the first page only - with Mozilla browsers it should
have some rounded corners at the color transitions:
  http://beranger.org/mockups/netbsd/

A reduced screenshot is here:
  http://beranger.org/mockups/netbsd/netbsd_mockup.png

Note that NetBSD-smaller.png had to be made transparent.

A second question: http://www.cafepress.com/NetBSD/ only shows a subset of
the available merchandise, e.g. the designs for 3.0 is not linked anymore,
although a search on CafePress will still reveal the older designs:
-- the 3.0 toaster:
http://www.cafepress.com/buy/netbsd/-/pv_design_details/pg_1/id_12156591/
-- the 3.0 toasted bread:
http://www.cafepress.com/buy/netbsd/-/pv_design_details/pg_1/id_12156590/

Is it such a bad idea to have them back, directly available? IMHO, the
toaster that runs 3.0 should have a good impact on people!

Thank you,
R-C