Subject: Re: smbd dies under heavy transfers
To: Andy Ruhl <>
From: Gilles Gravier <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/17/2007 07:15:38

iTunes changes mp3 files when the changes you are making are official
MP3 tags. If they are just private meta-data, it's in the local xml file
which is in your My Documents/My Music/iTunes directory.

So it depends what you do.

Andy Ruhl wrote:
> On 4/16/07, Chuck Swiger <> wrote:
> I don't know if iTunes actually changes mp3 files it didn't create? I
> semi-tested this by trying to tag files with iTunes and it didn't
> actually tag the mp3 file. I assume it's keeping the tag info in it's
> database, or something.

/*Gilles Gravier*/ *=* ** <>
*=* **
ICQ : *77488526*
Messenger : <>*
*Skype : ggravier <callto://ggravier>* || *Y! : ggravier
<> || AOL : gillesgravier
PGP Key ID : *0x8DE6D026*
"Chastity is its own punishment." (/Solomon Short/) [/David Gerrold/]
"De toutes les aberrations sexuelles, la chasteté est la plus
aberrante." [Anatole France]