Subject: Re: Desktop application agenda
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@softjar.se>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/16/2007 13:36:51
On 4/16/07, Johnny Billquist <bqt@softjar.se> wrote:
> Andy, you just haven't understood what Przemyslav really is saying.
> The basic statement is:
> You're all idiots, who don't know what's good and not. You should all
> decide that I should run this show, because I do know. And I would make
> NetBSD a much better system, which could compete with Linux for the
> desktop, with a fancy 12 CD installation set with graphics that will
> blow your mind, and all wiki-based documentation that will be the
> c00lest ever.

I kind of regret what I said, but then again, there hasn't been any
success in getting through to this guy.

If he wants to fork off his own documentation project, hey, more power
to him. But I think he is pretty much guaranteed not to get much help
with it after all this junk. It'll be tough.

I think another point that gets missed is that NetBSD isn't
necessarily ever going to be useful to the rank newbie. It may be at
some point, who knows. I kinda equate it to a Ferrari not being a good
learner car for a 16 year old :)

Andy