Subject: Re: smbd dies under heavy transfers
To: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
From: Gilles Gravier <Gilles@Gravier.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/16/2007 22:33:49
It seems, to me, that smbd isn't freeing memory. Each new file
manipulated... memory usage increases. But when iTunes has finished its
processing... smbd process keeps the same size... just stops using CPU...

I have not yet tried stopping iTunes (as it is still processing a
directory) but will do so right after it finishes... and tell you if
smbd frees memory... If it doesn't immediately, I'll wait a few hours...
maybe it times out on open files that it caches... If it really never
frees the memory, then I'll crontab a /etc/rc.d/samba restart at nights. :)

Gilles.

--
/*Gilles Gravier*/ *=* *Gilles@Gravier.org* <mailto:Gilles@Gravier.org>
*=* *http://www.gravier.org/*